Diane Dingana

Diane Dingana
Blogger

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tough times?..... one word "Daddy"





Daddy was the stricter one, He was also understanding and playful. He loved to tell stories, and still does. African parents know how to combine attributes that you dont think will go so well together very nicely. Mummy, came off softer but feisty and firm at the same time.  Everything you did she told daddy even after you begged her not to tell and she promised she wouldn't. If she couldn't solve a problem by throwing her shoe or slippers at you, you had to write an apology letter now that was different.
Despite everything you know your parents loved you, they might have never been vocal about it growing up " I love you" wasn't a phrase you heard at all, but you felt it, so much love in the home it didn't even have to be said. And they never abandon or gave up on you despite the many threats lol

I have grown up to be this wonderful woman that I am today beacuse of my parents. My mom is my rock and Dad is the best man I know, my motivator. He knows how to lift my spirits its like he can read my mind, he always told me " I Know you more than you know yourself" and he truely does. I was going through some really tough times and my daddy emailed me ... I just wanted to share one of his very uplifting messages to my siblings and I.  Hope it will make your day like it did mine.

"My dear children you are now adults and we ought to be friends as i believe you are a having different experience of what i have had that you ought to share with me and advice me as well.
From my experience, what i can share with you today is related to what i believe life is about.
 As you are living in a hard but nice environment, i am pleased to tell you that you should always be aware that life is all for enjoyment. so don't waste time been unhappy but look for ways to make everything around you pleasant. Enjoy your work, school friends and family members.  Going to school and having diploma does not make you happy at all but, it helps you to have knowledge that makes you to know how to deal with things that can keep you unhappy here in the earth. Neither school and diploma open you ways for wealth; they can only facilitate things for those who are open minded. Many very high diploma holders are poor and some illiterates are very wealthy. make your life to be pleasant first for you and then for others around you. Your parents have been there all this time to guide you out of the experience they have. Seek for advice but be free in your choose. Make your life as you want it to be.
My children, for me success is a concept that mean nothing,  for every body is successful in life as far as he or she is happy with the way they live. so live happily and spread happiness around you then you are successful.
Have a nice and may God bless you all.
i remain your
Daddy"


1 comment:

  1. This blessed me. More people have to read this. I just felt a weight off my shoulders. A wise man. Thanks Diane for being the vessel to bring this to many who may never have a father to share this knowledge or the company. Love it & thanks

    ReplyDelete